Hi this is Terri Borman, childcare provider and author of “Shapes Go to School.” This week’s blog is about planning activities for your school aged children during the summer break from school. Don’t just let them sit at home idle, playing video games, and watching TV. Get them engaged and out of the house doing some fun activities.
Right now is the perfect time to start planning and registering for these activities because they will fill up fast. There are so many camps available to choose from and the internet is a great place to find them. Look for camps that would interest your child. It makes no difference on your child’s age; there is something for all kids Kindergarten to 12th grade.
- 3D Animation, Digital Gaming, Movie Makers & Fab-Lab
- CSI Forensics, Myth Breakers, Rockets & Flight
- LEGO® Car Rally, Goofy Gizmos, Battlestorm & Mindstorm
- LEGO® Architects, Mosaix, Friends & Pet-Bots
- Cartooning, Drawing, Painting & Fashion Sketching
- Math, Reading, Writing, Spelling & Literature Enhancement Skills
- Think and Speak Up, Mind Your Manners, Social & Study Skills
- SAT/ACT Test Preparation, College Planning & Applications
- Allaka Zzam Magic Camp, Puppetry, Music & More
- “Extended Day” options also available.
There are iD (internal drive) Tech summer camps that will teach kids how to make IPhone Apps and Android Apps. Your kids are always downloading and playing Apps from the App store. Let them create their own.
“Shapes Go to School” is a beautifully illustrated children’s book that teaches shapes and colors. It’s the very first day of Kindergarten for the shape children. Some shapes are excited to be at school while others are apprehensive. Order your copy of “Shapes Go to School” today! Just click on the picture of the book!